August 14, 2020
Fall is just around the corner, and Plano Parks and Recreation has a variety of ways to help your family stay active, healthy, happy and connected!
From tennis classes and adult sports leagues to virtual classes/activities for children and adults, you can sign up for all of our classes through Recreation Online.
- Explore Oak Point Park & Nature Preserve’s extensive trail system. At 800 acres, Plano’s largest park boasts eight miles of concrete trails and five miles of soft surface trails located along Rowlett Creek. The preserve’s lake is also a great fishing spot!
- Take your pup for play day at one of Plano’s three dog parks (Bob Woodruff, Jack Carter, Windhaven Meadows). For updated closure information, call 972-210-2936 or visit our Rainout Line website.
- Have a picnic at one of our neighborhood parks. Explore Plano’s parks and their amenities.
- High Point Tennis Center has an extensive lineup of classes and private group lessons this fall, including:
- Beginner pickle ball classes for adults starting Sept. 1 on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Open play pickle ball is also available Tuesdays and Thursday from 1-3 p.m.
- The center is also offering a variety of tennis lessons for kids and adults of all experience levels.
- Try a Virtual Recreation class! Upcoming classes include:
- Early Achievers Virtual (ages 3-5): Tom Muehlenbeck Recreation Center offers this engaging virtual preschool experience that incorporates math and language concepts, and even some science! Classes start Sept. 14
- Kids Love Soccer (Zoom): Here’s your chance to join in your toddler’s introduction to the world’s most popular sport! You’ll participate in fun, age-appropriate activities and help your child develop their motor and socialization skills. Classes are also available for children ages 5-10, and start Sept. 12.
- Ladybug Ballet/Tap (ages 3-5): This virtual technique class concludes with a recital performance for parents. Classes start Sept. 8.
- Optimize Your Health: Whether you’re in prevention mode, repair mode, or a combination of the two, learn simple lifestyle strategies to optimize your physical health and well-being. Classes are offered via Zoom and begin on Sept. 26.
- Tae Kwon Do for kids: Classes start Sept. 15
###liTeamsideline as a team or as a free agent. Games are played at Heritage Yards, 4525 Hedgcoxe Road.
Visit our web site for more information
This press release was produced by the City of Plano. The views expressed here are the author’s own.