Parks and Recreation | Corvallis Oregon
Parks and Recreation Facility and Restroom Closures Corvallis Parks and Recreation’s mission is
Parks and Recreation Facility and Restroom Closures
Corvallis Parks and Recreation’s mission is to preserve and create a community heritage by providing places and programs designed to enhance the quality of life. Come discover what is on offer to you through our recreation program and at our park and natural areas. There’s something for everyone, of any age!
Inclement weather procedures for Parks & Recreation youth and adult programs that take place in Corvallis School District Facilities (basketball, volleyball, etc.):
- If the Corvallis schools are closed due to inclement weather, the programs are canceled for that day. No practices or adult games, even if the weather improves.
- If the schools open for the day and the weather situation worsens throughout the day, please call the weather line, (541) 766-6921, after 5 p.m. to find out the status of your games for that night.
- For the Saturday youth basketball programs, call the weather line at (541) 766-6921, after 7 a.m. to find out the status of that day’s programs.
Youth and adult programming happening in Parks & Recreation facilities such as Osborn Aquatic Center, Majestic Theatre, Corvallis Community Center, and our Parks & Rec meeting rooms will still be scheduled as planned unless notified.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Park Master Plan: Corvallis Parks and Recreation has finalized a new master plan for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park. Click here to read the Adopted Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park Master Plan.
The Activity Guide: Your Source for Fun, Learning, and Excitement in Corvallis
The Spring and Summer 2020 Activity Guide is full of recreational opportunities for all ages, including art, sports leagues, theater, fitness classes and swimming. Activities can fill up fast, so check it out and sign up today:
- By phone: call the Administrative Office at 541-766-6918 (payment by credit card accepted).
- In person at the Administrative Office: visit the office at 1310 SW Avery Park Drive. It’s open 8 am – 5 pm, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and 12 noon – 5 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- In person at other Parks & Recreation sites (hours vary): registrations for most activities are also accepted at the Chintimini Senior & Community Center, the Majestic Theatre, and the Osborn Aquatic Center.
Childcare Disclaimer: Day camps and programs offered by Corvallis Parks and Recreation are not designated “Certified Child Care” for tax and other purposes. For information on certified child care, visit www.oregon.gov.
Top Honors Awarded to the Youth Volunteer Corps Program
The Youth Volunteer Corps of Corvallis, associated with the Corvallis Parks & Recreation Department, was named a 2017 Gold Level YVC Affiliate! Our program was one of only 15 YVC programs throughout the U.S. and Canada awarded this honor. The Gold Level rating goes only to the very top YVC programs in the United States and Canada that serve as standout examples for how the program can serve its community. Check out this infographic to see what put Corvallis’ program in the top tier.
The Youth Volunteer Corps is a year-round program of community volunteer activities designed by teens for teens. YVC’s goal is to address community needs and inspire youth for a lifetime commitment to service. Past projects have benefited local community gardens, Habitat for Humanity, Safe Haven Humane Society, and many more. YVC is open to anyone age 11 – 18, and new volunteers are always welcome. Applications (applicacion en Español) are accepted year-round as well; to get started complete and return your application to our Avery Park office. Learn more about YVC: visit our website or Facebook page, or call (541)-766-6467 for more information.